Skip to content

Fleet Captain’s Log – August 6-7, 2014 (Days 6 & 7)

August 9, 2014

Hi Wendy,
Sorry that these logs are a few days late. I have had some technological problems since Tuesday. First, my phone fell in to the water so I had no phone service. Mark had to go to work for 2 days, the other boats all had to leave and I remained alone until Mark returned. Then when we got to our next destination, their wi-fi was out. So, here we are on Friday 8/8/14 and I finally just got wi-fi service. So…Blast left this morning to head to Mattituck catch up with Ilene. I was left to my own devices. I relaxed and spent most of the day on the computer trying to catch up on emails and work.

August 6, 2014 (Day 6)

Fortunately, Mark was able to leave work early and arrived about 4:30pm. We went to Aqua to get some appetizers and decompress. Then it was off to the supermarket to shop for the BBQ in Mattuck tomorrow evening. Back to the boat and a relaxing evening eating delicious leftovers from the Log Cabin. Wish I could give you more information about the trip over for Blast, but I will catch you up tomorrow. The weather today was quite beautiful here at Clinton, but I am ready to move on to our next destination as 3 nights in one spot is a bit much!

August 7, 2014 (Day 7)

Leeds the Way shoved off early to meet up with the other boats at Strong’s Marina in Matttituck. The weather was beautiful. The sun was shining. The winds were light and from the Southwest. That’s right you guessed it! The wind was right on our nose again so we had to motor the whole way. A great day on the water for a cruiser, but not great for a sailor. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

We arrived in good time – just around lunchtime. We were so happy to see our Harlem friends. Well here is the story on the recent snafu’s encountered by our fleet. If you recall PC Odierna jumped into the pool with his phone in his pocket. Whoops! He tried to dry it out with rice but no success. As I wrote to you, my phone went for its own swim. I went to AT&T to try to get a replacement but it was a no go. Luckily I had insurance and they will send a replacement to my home. How did we ever live without these devices? OMG!! Then I heard the worst story of all from Ilene. Evidently Ilene has 2 gas tanks. Captain Roger thought that he was filling one of them when he realized it was actually the water tank. Oh no! Double whoops!! But all is well that ends well ( albeit many dollars later). Strong’s Marine repair got on the case and siphoned out 40 gallons of gas from the water tank. Ilene has arrived safe and sound in Port Jefferson as we await to hear the details of their journey. Tonight we are planning to have lots of Sangria and laugh about all of our stupid foibles at a local Spanish restaurant.

We are all safe and snug at the Setauket Yacht Club.

Marcia Leeds
HYC Fleet Captain

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: